Monday, October 27, 2008

It's All Good & Not Perfect

My greatest fear for the upcoming election is not that Obama will lose (not going to happen), but that he will choose a song as geeky as "Don't Stop Thinking About Tomorrow" when the results come in. I'm old enough to remember Tipper Gore dancing to that onstage, and there isn't enough soap in the world to wash that image out of my mind.

I think Bob Dylan singing Simple Twist of Fate would work well this time. Especially if McCain doesn't just lose, he and Sarah "I'm a farm girl, they done stuck these fancy duds on me" Palin are forced to spend the rest of their lives on a deserted island somewhere off Timbuktu that will never have enough satellite for the Internets. On the plus side, they could take along the entire Bush clan for company.

I think that's a reasonable solution, really. Sarah won't have to dress up in designer clothes or wear makeup, and McCain won't have to talk to the press. Also, I'd be happy to drop in frozen turkeys for Thanksgiving - particularly if one could land on W's head.

No comments: