Sunday, June 22, 2008

Bad Habits

Yesterday I went to the Fremont Solstice Parade with about 100 million other people. Yeah, it was roughly that, because moving around would probably be easier in a crowd where someone had dropped $1000 bills from a plane. It was about that crowded. There were many naked people painted blue and green and yellow. I have no idea why they ride bikes naked and paint themselves. It kind of made me itch looking at them though. Later, I went out with my lovely friend in Queen Anne. Here's the bar: So Solstice is here, and I've been thinking about how to change my bad habits and embrace the idea of a *gasp* life partner. Yes, dear friends and readers, it has not escaped me that I'm the one who tends to screw things up. Blame, she is a fickle friend. I thought of this the other day when I was out with my friend I., who said - with some satisfaction - that his ex had finally admitted that (let me paraphrase this) she was wrong about everything. Can this be, I pondered? Aren't there always two people mucking up the works? Although I have nothing but disdain for S., I'm forced to admit that I was in there too. Certainly if mistakes were made, I made 50% of them. In the interest of not making more mistakes, I've decided not speak with anyone I've ever had sex with for the duration - and not to have any more sex until I sort We'll call it a Sexual Solstice. Happily, at the moment, I'm only speaking with one man-boy in that category, and he is easily crossed off the contact list. It's a new (longer) day.

3 comments:

Valerie said...

All this talk of naked people and sex (or not having any) leaves me hot and bothered (or that could be the high desert sun this afternoon). I'm jealous of your new friends because there seems to be A LOT of them and soon you'll have no need for those left behind in pitiful SF.

Is abstinence really necessary? Surely there are other ways to figure out your issues? In any case, keep us informed with details. I need details.

Mother of Dog said...

Never, Valerie. You have the key to my heart (not to mention about twelve boxes). ;)

eM said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.